I meant to post these yesterday but time got away from me, especially when the buds fired up a movie I’d been waiting to see.
- Christian Schaller: Nice interview with George Wright from the BBC. Christian found a great video with Mr. Wright of the Beeb discussing the new Totem BBC player. Too bad those of us outside of the UK can’t enjoy the entire range of media they have available.
- TualatriX: Ubuntu Tweak came to Fedora! The good news for Ubuntu Tweak just keeps on coming. Granted, Fedora doesn’t have quite all of the features Ubuntu got, but it’s still great news.
- LinuxDevices.com: Netflix comes to Linux Desktop. It’s only an alpha at this point, but Netflix is getting ready to join Amazon.com in showing some penguin loving.
- Og Maciel: Bailout MT-Daapd Appliance. Og’s (not to be confused with Oggs, of course) been working on a nice little music server. I may have to see about using it to share my tunage (some 12,00+ tracks at this point) with the others on our home network.
- Asa Dotzler: video on the web. With Google’s recent move to show true HD videos, Asa found a nice comparison of the encoding for some of the various encoding rates that some of the online video sites use.
- Jon Dowland: 1984. It looks like the UK has decided that some wiki content isn’t suitable for public consumption. Grrrr.