TGIF! Thank God It’s Fried-day, “Fried” as in this penguinista is TOAST!* You’d think now that the Dodgers have been eliminated from the World Series my schedule would gain many, many hours to get everything done and I’d actually have more spare time. You’d think so, but you’d be wrong. I still need to finish some documentation (that was kind of due two weeks ago), plus I want to start giving Ubuntu Intrepid a test drive but I can’t do that until the docs are finished. Plus RL is still throwing more crap onto my todo list.
But enough of me, I have some links I want to make sure y’all are aware of.
- Adobe Flash 10 is out! Naturally the news is everywhere, so I have a few links you may find helpful
- DesktopLinux.com: Linux an equal Flash player. With Adobe’s release of Flash 10 they’ve finally stopped treating Linux users as second (or third) class citizens.
- LinuxDevices.com: Adobe reiterates OPS commitment. Adobe is working with the Open Screen Project, and is good news for anyone hoping to use a Linux device such as a netbook or Linux-based smartphone.
- Tom Dryer: Install Flash Player 10 in Ubuntu 8.04 and 8.10. Now that Flash 10 has been promoted from beta to release status it’s time for more people to get the upgrade. Of course it’s Tombuntu to the rescue.
- Steven Rose: Flash Player 10 Under Ubuntu 8.10 — Far easier than has been documented! Tombuntu’s instructions can be over some users’ heads so Stevey makes it nice and easy for us, especially if they’re running Ubuntu Intrepid. Thanks, Stevey!
- Jono Bacon: Frets On Fire Transcribers Wanted! Frets On Fire (FOF) is a great open source clone of the hit Guitar Player game that allows users to add new songs to the list of available tunes. The open source metal band Severed Fifth is looking for volunteers to transcribe their latest album, Denied By Reign, so it can be used in FOF. Any takers?
- Jordi Hernàndez: New Preview Progress. Wednesday I posted a link to Jordi’s new Preview application to bring the popular Quickview app to Linux desktops, and Jordi’s been busy making Preview even better.
- Launchpad News: Launchpad 2.1.10 – faster branch uploads. Yes, there’s yet another upgrade for the Launchpad site, but among the new goodies and bug fixes in this latest update is great news for people who use it to host Bazaar branches.
I know I promised you another post on Wednesday but there simply weren’t enough hours in my day. I’ll write it next before I have to run out to see my physical torturer.
*-Thanks to Annalisa, a former morning drive dj at WZLX who came up with the Fried-day line, although she said “this chick is TOAST”. Unfortunately when ‘ZLX got sold several years ago the new owners pink slipped her when they decided to ditch anything that could be fun, like her show and the Dr. Demento Show. If someone knows where she’s working now please post it in the comments. I miss listening to her shows.